Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the new year, the new me

Almost 2 whole weeks into the New Year, and things are looking pretty good. For the first time in a long time, I am starting to get my life in order the way I should have years ago. It's like cleaning out the closets where you've been piling junk for a decade--there are cobwebs at every turn and dust covers everything.

I have set in motion a plan for the next 2-3 years of my life. I think it's important to have at least the skeleton of a plan, even if I cannot yet pencil in all of the details. I won't tell you exactly what I have in store for the moment (as it would ruin the surprise!), but I will happily let you follow along for the ride. I'm certain there will be ups and downs along the way, but I'm genuinely trying to live in the moment, outside the constraints of the past or future. The past is baggage that holds me back, and the future is uncertainty, worry, and fear. Why should either be a concern? What I need is food, shelter, respect and love. Everything else is transient.

I should tell you that my absence has not been planned. Far from it. My computer broke a few months ago, and I finally fixed it today. Some corrupt file in the operating system. But I'm definitely back to write the ins and outs of my life. So I think I'll leave it there for the time being. Tomorrow I'll discuss the good news that came to me today: a new job! Good night and sleep well, all my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment